Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can anyone help me

I have just had to have my lovely cat put to sleep, Sammy was not only my pet he was my best pal for 19 years,never any trouble,and we both loved each other, i cant sleep without thinking of him and the grief tears me up inside that i had to make the decision to end his life,the vet found a tumour in his stomach and advised that with his age he had only a 20 percent chance of living and would be unfair to make him go through all that, i know he meant well but i still cry every day and i am so sad, i am crying as i type this and i dont know how to carry on. Can someone PLEASE HELP.

You poor thing.
    This is such a terrible pain to suffer.
    Most of us on this board have been there at one time or another, and I know it won't help now...but the pain does subside as time goes on.
    Please read our collection of poems and stories here:
    http://www.animalforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=558

There are some about putting your beloved pet to sleep that might help.

Please also read this:
    http://animalforum.com/gpetloss.htm
    IT WILL HELP!!!

And get the book recommended on that page as well.
    Keep us posted, talk to us...we'll help you.

Quote Originally Posted by kerryclair
    You poor thing.
    This is such a terrible pain to suffer.
    Most of us on this board have been there at one time or another, and I know it won't help now...but the pain does subside as time goes on.
    Please read our collection of poems and stories here:
    http://www.animalforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=558

There are some about putting your beloved pet to sleep that might help.

Please also read this:
    http://animalforum.com/gpetloss.htm
    IT WILL HELP!!!

And get the book recommended on that page as well.
    Keep us posted, talk to us...we'll help you.

Did you mean to say something?
    Your post is just a quote of mine.
    Are you ok?

Goodbye?

1999 was an awful year. I said goodbye to a human friend of 43 yrs. when cancer won the battle. 2 months later, my 15 yr. old American Eskimo (we had 2 dogs at the time) let me know that he no longer had the energy to live. The decision was agonizing but unavoidable. I second guessed myself a hundred times but realized that it was denial that delayed what I knew was right for him. The next several weeks were a blur. Friends got tired of my emotional damage. Even now as I write this, the tears fall easily. I finally got use to walking into the house & getting through my days without his infectious joy in my face & always at my side. Our other guy has always been a bit of a loner, so the bond is different. We've been through alot together, just in a more "distant" manner. I learned not to try & duplicate the bond that I had with my Eskie, as it was 1 of a kind. I have memories & lots of photos. I also requested that he be individually cremated & I have his ashes with me always. (Most pet cremations are done in multiples; a reputable vet & crematorium are not always easy to find). Honour your pet with your memories of the time shared. They are the ultimate gift. [/color][/color][/size][/size][/color][/color]
    Jan

Jan,
    A lot of us know exactly how you feel.
    James Herriot said about dog lovers is that they will have many great dogs in their lifetime but if they are lucky they will be blessed with one TRULY EXCEPTIONAL dog.

I thought that when my Tobin dies I would never find that relationship again.
    I have though. In a different way...but just as tight a bond.

Hang in there.
    Don't, you can't ever forget your Eskie...but let another dog in...and you'll be able to love like that again and have that bond again.
    Much affection.

I feel so sorry that you going through this grief. I understand your feelings and its really awful time for you. You should take him to vet for treatment. I hope everything will be fine.
    Don't lose your hope and don't crying. There are many good vet. I suggest you for treat him again.
    I pray to God for your friend. My prayers and wishes with you.
    (((((((((HUGS))))))))))