Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SAFE FLEA remedy???

My 14 year old persian (whom I keep indoors) seems to have fleas again. I don't know how she got it being indoors. The only way would be cause of a couple of cats outside that frequent my yard. We sometimes feed them

Anyway.......I want to give her a bath with "Four Paws..Magic coat" Flea and Tick shampoo for cats but I don't want to cause more harm than good My cat is 14 and it contains .045% pyrethrins. Is that bad??? Has anyone tried this brand of shampoo or heard anything bad about it??? If this is not safe.....what is??

Sophie

Please do not use any product that contains pyrethrins, it's poison. Hartz is full of it. Is being forced to remove their product for fleas and ticks off the shelf( only in 2006, meanwhile people are buying this stuff) because of the number of pets who have had seizures or have died from its use. Just use brewer's yeast powder- work from the head down to the tail right down to the skin and leave on. Even if the cat licks it it will just be some healthy B vitamins. Vacumn often but after a short while you'll find there's no fleas.

Yes pyrethrins are a pesticide. But when used correctly they do not harm the animal.
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child