Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thelma has a loose stool and is laying around

I am a brand new ferret owner. I bought one female a week ago and just bought another this past Saturday. Both are fairly young and are Marshall bred. My first one, Thelma, has been a blast and she is full of energy. My second one that we bought, Louise, is the same way. Today, when I got home from work, Thelma has had a runny stool and is not acting as those she feels very well. She is not running around and wants to just lay around. I haven't changed their diet or added any treats. They are kept in a 4 floor condo and have plenty of room to run around, But I keep them in a room that doesn't have any sunlight coming in. Is this a problem because I was reading on one sight that they needed lots of sunlight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They do need sunlight, but your ferret could also have insulinoma. I would definitely QUICKLY schedule a visit with your vet.