Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training my dog

Re: Training my dog

Have you tried having treats with you and everytime he starts pulling get his attention back to you by pointing to your eyes and saying "watch me". The idea is to distract what he is doing and even if he looks at you for a second, reward him with a small treat. Eventually, you will only use treats every other time and then not at all. Go to my profile and you will see a link that will guide you to become a great trainer for your dog. Thank you
    Last edited by LPC; 01-04-2015 at 05:42 AM.

hi i have that problem before well you just need to show your dog that you are the boss and not them and they will listen to you..have a nice day....

Yes we should use harness for the safety of our dogs.

My dog also used to do this thing. He almost choked himself whenever I take him out for a stroll. I wish I should have cut him loose but I couldn't because there were other people also in the park who wouldn't feel safe otherwise.

Instead of using a shock collar, you can try a vibrating collar. It is a lot less painful for the dog but still let them know that what they are doing is wrong.