Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ferret noise questions

i just have a few questions on noises. This is only because searching on the internet i have had to many different things told to me so im trying this route. My kit (her name is pepper by the way) will make a sound like a squeeky toy when being played with and sometimes hiss. She also bits but before licks ive tryed scruffing and have had no response to that so i thought i would try some bitter apple. If anyone could explain some of the noises or even have some clips i could hear that would be great. I just want to make sure she is happy since she is the only one i have. I eventually want to get another i just don't have the money right now. If anyone also knows of some great toys that i can have her play with while i do some homework so she doesn't have to be bored that would be great. Also any other tips anyone has for me i would greatly appreciate it

the hissing youre hearing is a noise of displeasure. they do it when they are startled or upset. the licking before biteing is also normal. as for a remedy try tapping her on the nose and saying no. i had a friend who (however strange this may sound) bit hers back on her ear, not hard just enough to be uncomfortable. it worked for her :? lol