Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    You're very welcomed.

Must be a different food then, cause the stuff I looked at from Quixtar was filled with corn filler, that actually looks like a really good food.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

Re: Different Opinions on the Best Dog Food

This topic is very important for me. I have rottweiler. They are very energetic and playful dogs. They should be fed at least 2,100 calories per day, with 22-26% whole protein with little to no grain. For me it's really hard to find dog food and store, with all required nutrients for optimal growth and development.
    I read an article that food for rottweilers should contain supplements to sustain their active nature. I also read there that dogs don’t necessarily need corn barley, wheat, potatoes, or rice in their diet. You can see this. But most dog food in store has nutrients in the indedient list! Also I found out how to count the size of portion depending on weight. It should be about 2-3% of its body weight. Mine for example is weighing 120 pounds, then the ideal amount would be 2.4 to 3.6 pounds per day. That's a lot!!! And the more active he is, the bigger portion you'll need. If you bought for example 30-pound bag of food, you will be able to feed your rottie on an average of 12 days. His diet should bring him energy while at the same time prevent him from growing obese. Besides a good rottie food product should contain healthy fruits, vegetables, and prebiotics.