Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Crayfish and goldfish

Found a small crayfish in a lake yesterday. Can I put him in my aquarium with my goldfish ? :o

Sure...if you don't like your goldfish.
    The crayfish will make a tasty meal out of them.

it depends on the size of your tank and the size of the crayfish. if it is big enough so the goldfish has plenty of room to stay out of the crayfish they will form there own terriory and live happily.

why is everyone double posting the same stuff?
    Sincerely, Alec

goldfish are serious algae eaters! Do not add a pleco, it will eventually attack the goldfish and in a pond you may never know until they die off. The pleco sucks on the slime coat, leaving an entry for bacteria and parasites which kill the fish.

If you have algae in a pond, add shade to reduce the lighting, reduce feeding until the filter bacteria are fully awake after the winter (they are very temperature sensitive), and add plants to reduce nitrates, or change water if you can. Goldfish eat the small daphnia that otherwise will help to clear greenwater. If there is a protected area you can keep the fish out of, you can try to add daphnia there. Find a place that will ship a culture for you
    Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.--Adolf Hitler
    [url=http://www.focusdigitaldisplays.com]led signs[/url]|[url=http://www.focusdigitaldisplays.com]led displays[/url]