Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Neighbor's Ignorance Killed My Dog

My neighbor's had some rat poison underneath their deck. My dog got into it, and they saw him eat it. They decided that it wouldn't hurt him and he would be fine. Well, it ended up killing my dog 2 weeks later. What do i do now? Can i charge them with anything legally? I've talked to them and they say they feel bad, but honestly i know they could care less about my dog's death.

Help! What do i do legally, or what can i do??

I am sorry to hear about your dog, however, I don't think there is any legal action you would be able to take, given your dog was on someone else's property. It is very unfortunate that people don't think twice about putting poison out, any animal could come by and get into it. Best wishes, sorry again for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. And in such a senseless, needless way, too. Just makes it all the sadder and more painful, I'm sure.

As to doing something legally to your neighbor. . . . Many communities have anti-cruelty laws, but I don't know how your dog being on your neighbor's property would impact any such laws. I'd suggest checking with your local Animal Control office agency. Or perhaps with the local sheriff or police office. They will surely be able to tell you if there is any action you can take.

{{{ hugs }}}
    Juanita (& the kids - Missy, Taffy, Smudge & Marmie)

So sorry for heard about your loss. Its such a horrible tragedy. I understand your feelings. They are really careless for your dog's death. You definitely take legal action against your neighbors.
    And take charge for it. My heart goes out to you. I really want to help you. My prayers and wishes with you.

That is very sad...your neighbors might be charge but you have to consult a professional if they can be charge legally. I can't really say that its their fault because your dog came there accidentally too. You must ask someone's support if you can take legal actions against them.

The world is unsafe for animals today, because animal killers exist even in my neighborhood. You see, my neighbor poisoned my pup a month ago.
    Last edited by LPC; 01-22-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    brutus954