Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Animal Cruelty at Dave's Soda & Pet City

It has come to my attention that a pet store known as "Dave's Soda & Pet City" is currently (and mostl likely, always has) not caring for the animals they sell properly. The small animals, such as rats, mice, ferrets, etc..., are being housed in overcrowded living quarters and on harmful litter, such as cedar and pine wood shavings. The aminals are also being fed an unhealthy seed diet. Some of the small animals are even being housed in tupperware-like containers. Something needs to be done about this. It is obvious cruelty and ignorance, and definitely not good business.

This is a link to the website: http://www.davessodaandpetcity.com/index.html

This is the e-mail of the shop:davespetcity@yahoo.com

And here are the addresses and phone numbers:

AGAWAM
    11 Ramah Circle N.
    Agawam, MA 01001
    (413) 786-9663

HADLEY
    335 Russell Street
    (Route 9, next to the Bread and Circus)
    Hadley, MA 01035
    (413) 584-7511

NORTHAMPTON
    971 Bridge Road
    (corner of Rt. 5 & Bridge Rd., next to the CVS)
    Northampton, MA 01060
    (413) 585-1170

SPRINGFIELD
    1330 Carew Street
    (in the Big Y shopping plaza)
    Springfield, MA 01104
    (413) 732-2275

Please do everything you can to help these animals. Spread this message.

its funny how such a cruel place could have such a "happy" and"loving"website.
    ChArLiE aNd ZoEy LoVe YoU!

Yeah, it is.

But it's kinda like commercials for fast food restaraunts. You see this big, fluffy burger with cheese oozing down the sides. You go and buy the burger and you get a pancake thin squashed up.....I think it's supposed to be a burger..burger. LOL

i am very disapointed in the way that daves treats thier customers. i sent a email to him last week concerning my ferret and cage (WHICH ARE FROM HIM). i have have recieved NO RESPONSE!! i must have spent thousands in all of his pet shops and i am angered that he doesnt even have the decency to respond to my simple email. we have been shopping there since he opened his doors in agawam. in my home we have collected many pets ranging from the turtles that i raised from quarter size, to the boston terrier that i rescued and spent a ton on in medical bills. i can not complain though they all provide me with an unimaginable amout of love. but dave when you see this i would like you to know that i am now a petco consumer. and you should not post your email address if you dont want to respond to your "valued customers"!!!!

i have now recieved a call from dave and he is doing everything that he can to help me out with my situation. if anyone has anything they need to take care of concerning a problem with his store he told me that the people at his stores will do much of anything to help out thier customers. he is replacing the cage for me with out any problems. i appreciate that more than many can imagine. most small buisnesss owners dont help out thier customers the way he does. i think that if your concerned with the way that he does something or you have a problem with the store go straight to him and i was able to contact him right at his store.