Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What do I do?? stray is terrorizing

What do I do?? a stray male is terrorizing our cats.

If he's truly a stray, and not someone's "pet" whom is allowed to run free, check with your local animal shelters. They will often have humane traps you can borrow or rent. So you can catch him, and take him to the shelter, have him neutered, etc.
    Juanita (& the kids - Missy, Taffy, Smudge & Marmie)

RE: trapping

Thats easier said than done......the tame cats would get to the trap before the wild one would.
    He is definetly bold enough to enter a trap if it weren't for the others getting into it ahead of him.

Hmmm, the culprit sure does look dastardly!
    Have you tried calling your local cat rescue and asking them for some assistance?

How is it that this stray is terrorizing the local cats?
    Maybe the answer is to keep local cats indoors where they are safe from harm....

If you decide to try trapping him, you may to simply do it at a time when someone can keep watch from a distance in hiding. Or just check the trap frequently. So as to release the others until you finally get this one caught. Just a thought.

Can all the others be kept indoors? At least for as long as it takes to catch this cat? Perhaps as a "neighborhood cooperative project"?

re Juanita

The more I see of these people--[with the cats]--the more i'm convinced that they wouldn't go out of their way to try anything that requires effort or patience.....they just want this bully cat to magicly dissapear......as soon as they heard that they had to WORK at dealing with this cat, they clammed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanita-(Spirit-Rainbow)
    If you decide to try trapping him, you may to simply do it at a time when someone can keep watch from a distance in hiding. Or just check the trap frequently. So as to release the others until you finally get this one caught. Just a thought.

Can all the others be kept indoors? At least for as long as it takes to catch this cat? Perhaps as a "neighborhood cooperative project"?

What a shame they have that attitude. Gives you <shudders> to think what their "magical solutions" may end up being.

At least you've tried to give them options and something to "work with." :)

re: the re

bummer......give me a week's worth of acces to the property with 3 traps and i bet i get him.
    .....yea like THAT'll ever happen.....HA