Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HELP!! BREEDER OR SHELTER??!!!

well, ive been wanting to get a puppy for a while, and since i volunteer at a shelter, the obvious thing for me to do would be to adopt one from there.
    the only problem is..i want a golden retreiver puppy. Ive always wanted one, and ive done all my research and this breed is the perfect match! Ive been looking at alot of good breeders, but i feel like a terrible person not adopting :cry: . But i REALLY want a golden puppy
    please should i adopt a mix puppy or get golden puppy from a breeder?

please dont hate me for this post

from,
    sheka
    ChArLiE aNd ZoEy LoVe YoU!

shelter

I think you should get a dog from a shelter but why not a golden? if you can't find a golden at your shelter look at others!
    :D meg :D
    Yorkshier terrier = 11 years old
    Airdale terrier = 2 years old
    Soon to be horse owner

I agree

Yes I agree with Horse_Rider, another suggestion would be wait until you fall inlove. There are alot of other wonderful dogs out there just as nice as a golden. Spend some time with dogs at shelters and I gauruntee you will fall inlove soon.

--Em
    "A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such."

- John Holmes