Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Training with Kenny Harlow

My husband and I just completed a three week course (he took all three weeks, I attended two) of "Training With Trust" with Kenny Harlow (kennyharlow.com).

My husband is going on to take his one year apprenticeship course.

The whole thing was rather an eye opener and we learned so much. I'd strongly suggest taking a seminar with Kenny if you ever get the opportunity. he does 3 and 5 day seminars as well and travels all over the U.S.

Hi Kerry, no wonder I haven't seen you on the other message board :(

Hey Reno,

Absolutely nothing to do with kenny vs Pony.
    I have GREAT things to say about both.

Pony's boards have just gotten so amazingly busy, I can't keep up!!!
    I was spending HOURS reading in there, and decided I needed to try to back off ... so many new people, so many posts. I still say that is the place to go with any horse questions though, that is definitely for sure.

Just can't keep up over there anymore...it's overwhelming!!!
    I rememebr when Pony's board had like 300-400 members only...now there are like 300-400 new posts every day!!!

I tried to whittle it down to just monitoring a few topics, but then sure enough I'd start wandering around again and before I knew it, I'd spent three or four hours there. I had to back away or risk getting fired (grin).

Anyway, if anyone is interested in Pony's forum it is definitely he place to go with horse questions....there are hundreds of really knowledgeable people there and some great topics to chat in. www.ponyboy.com and click for the message board (fan forum)....

I like Kenny too. I met him at the MD & PA expo this year. But you're right Pony's board is busy! Glad to hear from you tho! :lol:

Tom

How was he? What kind of things was it on? Sounds intresting.

He is still taking the course. Hopefully will graduate in July. It is a year long course. He had to break two unbrokes that had never been handled and then teach them all sorts of stuff. Right now he is working on backing them (while mounted) in circles and figure 8's and then doing the same with no use of the bridle/reins...just body. He is also up to teaching side passing now.

All sorts of stuff.
    Amazing course!
    But a HUGE time commitment!