Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Cat doesnt like my other cat anymore

Hi,
    just recently my male 3 year cat (George) ran away and came back 4 days later smelly like skunk. we have another cat which is a 3 year old female (Graycie). they are brother and sister. now when ever graycie sees george, she hisses and growles at him. before george ran away they used to be very friendly to each other and play fight alot. but now she wont even go near him. does anyone have any adivice. we think it may be because of the skunk smell but we arent sure.
    Steve,

wash your cat

Well since your cat smells you should bathe him in tomato soup or somthing
    :D meg :D
    Yorkshier terrier = 11 years old
    Airdale terrier = 2 years old
    Soon to be horse owner

that happened to me once with mother and son she kept hissin at her son i think its cos he smells different he asnt cot her sent on her try bathin then get a blanket get the sent from her to him she will be ok within days

Hi Steve: If an indoor cat gets out for several days it can go through a lot of trauma, and apparentl yours got involved with a skunk. Here are some suggestions from Pet Place that might help. http://www.petplace.com/Articles/artShow.asp?artID=174 Also, check your cat carefully to be sure he/she doesn't have any wounds or otherwise from cat fights. Also, your cat can come up with parasites or be exposed to other cats with diseases as a result of the outdoor adventure. Also, your cat can pick up ear mites too, and on another site the owner's cat developed a ruptured ear drum as a result and consideration infection and costs. It might be a good time for a vet to check your cat thoroughly.

I would complete the form below and give it to your vet. I saw this sample FIV/FeLV Form on another forum and it was recommended you complete it and give to your vet. It was suggested that it will help your veterinarian determine if testing for FIV and FeLV may be necessary. I think it is a great form FOR ANY VISIT TO YOUR VET as it clearly states what is happening, whether you cat came in contact with a stray and a lot more.

FIV & FeLV Observation Form (Sample)

About Your Cat:

Name:

Sex:

Is your cat neutered/spayed?

Geographic Location:

Observations:

How long ago was your last visit to your veterinarian?

Is your cat primarily an indoor cat or an outdoor cat?

Has your cat been vaccinated for FeLV?

Do any of these situations apply to your cat? Please check all that apply:
    Has been outside unsupervised ___
    Was exposed to a cat with unknown FIV/FeLV status ___

Was in a fight with another cat ___
    Lives in a household with other cats of unknown FIV/FeLV status ___
    Lives in a household with a recently adopted cat ___
    Was a stray or obtained from a shelter: ____

Has your cat had any of these signs of illnesses? Please check all that apply:
    Weight Loss ____
    Decreased appetite ____
    Decreased grooming ___
    Decreased energy or general weakness ___
    Vomiting ____
    Diarrhea ____
    Gingivitis (red, swollen gums) ___
    Pale gums ___
    Mouth sores ___
    Enlarged lymph nodes ___
    Abscesses ____