Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hatchling

Sacroiliac Subluxation

My Quarterhorse filly has been diagnosed with Sacroiliac Subluxation. On both sides! Instead of the more common form of treatments, my vet and I have decided to try a holistec approach... sort of. We found it through research that was done in Isreal, with excellent results. It's a 28 day treatment, with injections of Traumeel in specific places in the horses spine and hip bones, done on day 0, day 14 and day 28. Are any of you familiar with this treatment? If so how successful? Have you any suggestions of other approaches? This is the first time I have delt with this problem. Have you had horses with it?
    Thanks,
    ~Vicki~

Vicki, I have not dealt with this but please post your results...I would be really interested in this study!

Hatchling
    The results were pretty amazing. Much better then the more conventional treatment of injecting substances to build up scar tissue in the affected area. I've been trying to find people who have tried it outside the study group, but havent been successful so far. I'll def. let you know the results :) It is pretty fascinating. And anytime I can use a holistic approach on my horses, as long as it's safe, I do so :)
    ~Vicki~