Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

need help for a broken wing

my husband had purchased a male and female parakeet for our 11 yr old daughter 2 days our daughter had opened their cage yesterday to give them a treat the female had gotten out and was flying around in her room and unfortunately broke off a wing and had started bleeding,the bleeding didn't last long and i was told that she had broken off the main wing and could possibly die from that. is their any truth in that and should i take her back to the pet store and replace her with another one?

Replace her with another one? But what about this one?
    Why not take her to the vet, have her examined and helped?
    Please advise as to her condition.

A bird who has a broken wing will usually be grounded and will hold one wing lower than the other.If you can easily catch the bird, that in itself usually means the bird is injured. Read through the instructions below to get started.First of all you can bring the Bird to Safety then you can Examine the Bird and then Immobilize the Broken Wing.

Re: need help for a broken wing

I know this is an old story but just stumbled upon that one...

Hey I really hope you didn't just go back to the pet store and exchanged the bird :(

First stop should ALWAYS be the vet to have the broken wing examined first...