Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I need help ASAP or my cat will be put down

We have a 4 year old male cat, he had to have his anal glands expressed several times, which led to us making the decision to have his anal glands removed. They were removed about 6 months ago and all has been great, now he keeps leaving spots of a brown liquid all over, even if he is only there for a few seconds. There has been no changes in his mood, activity, eating etc... I just don't know what to do. We've already spent over $500.00 on him, then add the $250.00 we paid to adopt him from a shelter two years ago. My husband says we have no choice but to put him down. I don't want that to be the case. I'm tempted to call the vet, but if they say 'oh, just bring him in and we'll take a look at him' my husband isn't gonna go for it. He isn't going to pay for yet another vet visit ontop of the only option he see's right now (putting him down)... He is a five toed cat if that matters. Also we've been wipeing his butt everynight with baby wipes, but it hasn't helped any... Please help, I don't know if I can put him down, its not fair to him. And my husband says its not healthy for us to live like this, so I see both sides, humans in the house should come first, but to me animals have always been family to me, I grew up that way... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hatchling
    I will try my best to help out.

I would recommend an animal hospital (rather than regular vet) and explain the problem and ask questions like "What foods would be healthiest for my cat to eat?" and "What drinks would be healthiest for my cat to drink?" and I would also recommend asking like "can I do a monthly payment such as $91.01 a month for example and if yes what is the cheapest monthly payment I can do?" and if possible and desired do a monthly payment.

I hope your cat gets better.

Good luck and have a great day ;) ; )
    My name is Jason and I am from North United States of America (N. USA) and I live in N. USA and I was born in N. USA
    General Chat [url]http://www.animalforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4975[/url]

Re: I need help ASAP or my cat will be put down

Hi Hemigirl04,

I'm sorry that your husband feels that way. It's unfortunate as it is not the cat's fault and he is going to be punished for something he can't control. I don't know about where you are, but in NZ we can often take our animals to the SPCA if we can't afford to fix them. They will usually do a very discounted rate or do it for free.

Maybe you should consider rehoming the cat? Or handing it back to the shelter you got him from?

Do you still have him?