Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Major homing effort underway to place 100 chinchillas!

View, contribute to main discussion thread and railroading offers:
    Last edited by Toni; 10-26-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: All Links Broken
    [b][i]Chinnie Cheers, chincare.com[/i]
    *Let's home those in NEED before we breed*
    [url]www.chincare.com/Pages/RescueClassifieds.htm#thoseinneed[/url][/b]

We've homed over half, I'm still keeping updates on this page.

We stand at *38* STANDARD GRAY MALES still needing good homes as of 11/25, Thanksgiving. We've had runs out west to WI and down south to FL, thanks SO MUCH to everyone who has already donated, adopted or railroaded, giving their time and heart to demonstrate their love of ALL chinchillas!

I've had interest expressed by people in California, Arizona, and recently from:
    Nova Scotia, Can
    Ocala, Fl
    Poughkeepsie, NY

If anyone is traveling from either WI or MI over the holidays and could pick up chins to deliver to one of those locations, let us know!

Also, at this point donations would be especially effective. The remaining number of chinchillas is at a manageable level and there are rescue workers standing by who could foster and place these chins as long as we first have the funding to get them off the ranch.

We're going to try and wrap up this homing by Christmas. Homing these remaining chins over the holiday season will be quite the juggling act, but we've come a long way and when this ends we don't want to leave any chinchilla behind to face a dismal end. So as you enjoy your Thanksgiving and celebrate God's bounty with your family, give a thought to these little guys that are waiting to be taken into loving homes and given a new life as cherished pets!

Last edited by Toni; 10-26-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Link Broken

Good for you! Congratualtions on finding so many homes!!
    Keep us posted.

Thanks!!! :D

Congratulations as well. I would help you out but I do not know anything about them
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

Re: Major homing effort underway to place 1oo chinchillas!

I know this is a very old story on chinchillas but how did it all turn out??

Also note on the thread starter unfortunately your links are no longer working...

Give us an update ;)

Re: Major homing effort underway to place 100 chinchillas!

To be honest...they are very cute...but at the same time cinchillas scare me! I dont know...when I was about 9-10 I had a friend that owned a chincilla. I got to hold it, and it was very lovely. But I was so scared it would bite me. And now, when I sometimes se them in a Zoo shop, I feel like they are going to bite if I touch them. (Its nt allowed too touch the animals in the Zoo pet, only if you ask the shop keeper). I am not scared of mouse or rats, or spiders, but chincillas scare me a little. I guess it would be different if I had one myself or would spend some time with chincillas.

Re: Major homing effort underway to place 100 chinchillas!

Thanks a lot for sharing this I found that this kind is very cute...A big congrats that you find a new home..
    Last edited by David; 10-26-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: removed non-related links