Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Congestive Heart Failure and cats

I've asked on medical forums so thought I try here also.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    A good friend recently had a health scare and has been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure.
    His brother feels that living with his cat will be dangerous for his health.
    Does anyone here have a similar situation?

Jim

No way, by defintion heart failiur can be caused by stress, cats dont stress a person, in fact its medically proven petting an animal reduces stress. I would say keep the cat and mention it to the doctor and see what the doctor thinks, I bet they tell him the cat is of no harm.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

Quote Originally Posted by celtechfarms
    No way, by defintion heart failiur can be caused by stress, cats dont stress a person, in fact its medically proven petting an animal reduces stress. I would say keep the cat and mention it to the doctor and see what the doctor thinks, I bet they tell him the cat is of no harm.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I think he's more worried about infections and such. I have a friend that's a veterinarian, she thinks after 12 years with the cat his immune system has adapted to any problem it would cause.