Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SOOO ticked off right now!!

So I moved into my new house one year ago almost to the day. I have a Malamute mix and made it very, VERY clear on my application. I included a photo of her and brought her by for the manager of the place to see her. I didn't want to move in and have a 200 lb dog be a huge surprise.

No problems. Paid my HUGE pet deposit and moved in. So been here a year now, no problems (no complaints, no animal damage). Have a broken floor board in the house (was warped when I moved in). They came out last week to check it out and see what they'd need to do to fix it.

So today while I was at work the manager called to tell me the owner of the property popped in this morning while I was gone!!! He has decided because of the size of the dog we are just too crowded in the house and the dog has to go. But he is quite impressed with the condition of the home and I will be receiving my deposit back.

I took her to the vet Saturday. After 10 years of living with us and having a very loving, full life he found that her kidney's are shutting down and she is quickly deteriorating. He said I didn't need to put her down today, but I should prepare myself to do it by the end of the year.

The property owner suggested asking a friend to keep her. He enjoys me as a tenant, just feels with such a large dog it's too crowded in my house.

Seriously??? My dog is 10 years old........I have had her since she was 4 months old. And suddenly after a year it's too crowded in my house (cause you know a 9 year old dog grows SOOO much in a year!!!). Not to mention, after 10 years I'm supposed to be okay with letting her die in my friend's backyard as opposed to in my lap where she belongs????

Ugh....I'm just angry and needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

That sucks, what an idiot! Have you explained to him what the vet said, maybe it would convince him to let you and the dog stay.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.