Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

when can my puppy meet new dogs?

Hi everyone!

i was just wondering at what age i can let my puppy meet other dogs? my sister and cousin both have dogs and i want riley to get used to them!!
    he is 8 weeks old now and having his first jabs on monday!!!

Any time you like so long as your puppy has his shots and the dogs he's meeting are also healthy or up to date on their shots.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

As noted above, the puppy should be able to meet other dogs anytime unless he has his shots. However, I would take him to meet with other puppies rather than older dogs so they have same energy level.

I have two dogs, one is 6 and the other one is 1. When I first got the second one, all he wanted to do was play with the older one. Although the older one is a very quiet and calm dog the younger dog seemed to annoy him quite a big. So I definitely suggest meeting with dogs that will have the same energy level and "puppiness" in them. Hope this helps.
    Chris

I personally think socialization is one of the most important part of a puppies life.
    I think you can now take it outside for meeting other doggies, as between 4 - 12 weeks is the best time to do alot of socialization. It is best to begin letting your dog interact with other dogs at an early age. I believe let them be enjoy to meet around the other dogs.
    [url=http://www.r4ds.co.uk/]m3 real card[/url]

Well That Depends!

I am a firm believer that your dog should be obeying you first before they have the experience of interacting with others. Perhaps you should consider this!