Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Betta Fins

Betta Fins

I think my betta might have a disease, but I'm not sure! I went on vacation for a week, and when I came back my betta Rajah's tail fin looked like it had been chewed off. Thing is, he's the only fish in his tank. Since he wasn't acting sick - he still ate everything I put in his tank and he was still spunky - I decided to wait and see if his fin grew back. It hasn't, and just recently his gills and the surrounding area had begun to look white and scabby. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with him and how I might fix it? Thanks!

The best thing to do is take it to the vet.
    Animals always become best friends.

Sounds like fin rot, which is caused usually by either too high of pH in the tank or bacteria caused by stress.

Anti-bacterial solution or anti bacterial pellets work well along with cleaning out your tank.

As with any problem though, ask your DVM first.
    The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" ~Jeremy Bentham

Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. ~Paul Rodriguez