Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Which breed is the best?

Hello everyone! Lately Ive been thinking of trying to get a cat. I know there are many breeds to choose from but I can?t decide which breed I should get... if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Re: Which breed is the best?

My favourite colours (not breeds) are tortoiseshell and black/white mix. As for breeds, for me it is more important to give a home to an animal who needs and values it, rather than having a purebred cat. Mixed-breed cats are also generally more healthy, as there is little or no genetic inbreeding to cause health or behavioural problems.

Here is a photo from many, many years ago of my beloved Bella. She was more beautiful than appears here:

Name:  Bella and Dazzle at St Margaret's on Dad's bed.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  1.19 MB
    Last edited by LPC; 08-11-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Re: Which breed is the best?

That’s is such a cute cat! I like what you said about it’s not the breed that matters but whether it values and wants a home or not. You just can’t help a cat if they don’t want help.