Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

Bird Dance Should my fluffy muffin be an indoor or outdoor cat?

Should my cat be an indoor or outdoor cat? I?ve had many problems with this subject. If you leave them outside they might run away or always cry at your door. If there inside they shed hair and they make a mess.
    I have tried both and it?s got to be one or the other. If you do both then when your cat is outside it cry?s and cry?s!
    Would anyone have a solution to this problem?

Re: Should my fluffy muffin be an indoor or outdoor cat?

In the USA and Canada the practice of having "house cats", which are never allowed outside, is surprisingly common. However, in most other countries of the world it is often regarded as unnatural and restricting a cat's natural desire to explore, climb trees, etc.

Personally, I think that you should allow your cat to have the freedom to explore. Regarding going in/out of the house, the best solution is to get a cat flap. They can be easily fitted into a wooden door by anyone with basic woodwork skills. If you search on Amazon for "cat flap", you will find many examples. That means the cat will be free to come in/go out whenever s/he wishes. It also means that you won't need to change the litter in a cat tray (although it is still wise to have one for emergencies).

Every best wish to you!
    Last edited by LPC; 07-29-2020 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Added sentence

Re: Should my fluffy muffin be an indoor or outdoor cat?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you giving out your idea. I will definitely take that into consideration.