Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Crazy snail lady

Hi, I’m in Oregon. I have a cat, my 21 snails and my betta.

Shadow (the cat) is a goof. She is extremely needy and follows me everywhere. She is black and fluffy, has huge round eyes and a broken meow.

My betta I bought as a baby. his name is Rosencross. He is one year old as of October. He’s just a little red plakat, but he’s full of character and gets all happy when I put my hand in the tank cause he loves to play with me. He’s in a 10 gallon planted tank (cycled, heated, filtered with almond leaves).
    9 of the snails are aquatic and live in Rosencross’s tank. There are two ramshorns, four mystery snails (one is a baby), two nerite snails and a yellow rabbit snail. The tank is a little small for the rabbit, but I hope to get a 20 in the future and he is only about a centimeter long right now (he’s a baby to).
    Tank has 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and nitrates sit at around 5 ppm (plants consume a lot and I do weekly water changes).

For land snails I have 12 helix aspersas (that are sleeping the winter out right now (they are kept outdoors). I am getting a 5.5 gallon terrarium soon and am gonna have some land snails inside, but have yet to decide which kinds.

Re: Crazy snail lady

A very warm welcome to Animal Forum!

Thank you for telling us about companion animals. I don't think that we have had a person with lots of snails before. Fascinating!

Feel free to post some photos if you wish. It would be good to see what your tank, betta and snails look like.
    Last edited by LPC; 12-19-2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Typo

This pic is rosencross

This is the yellow rabbit snail

share images
    Last edited by LittleGoldSnail; 12-18-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Interesting colours