Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

Puppy Not Interested in ANY Food

Hey, all,

My puppy boy (~7 months old Husky/Malamute/GSD mix) has decided that he doesn't care for food. Meaning any food. He stopped touching his raw. Okay, so after a hunger strike, we tried kibble. Nope. Not interested in chicken. Not interested in even the smelliest of foods/treats.

Nothing else is wrong. No lethargy. No vomiting. No diarrhea. He's drinking and playing with all the same energy--just VERY reluctantly eating 1/3rd of what he was just 2 weeks or so ago.

He is currently intact. We do not free feed and never have. He's always eaten enthusiastically before. We've tried feeding out of different bowls, on the floor, on his snuffle mat. Nothing encourages him.

A friend of mine mentioned that it can be normal for intact male adolescents to lose interest in food. Is this common? Should I be worried?

Super Moderator

Re: Puppy Not Interested in ANY Food

There are a few questions needed to fully understand your situation here luffypets.

How long has he not been interested in food for? How much food are you providing him? What raw feed have you been giving him?

I wouldn't be too worried if it's only been a single meal or two, but if this is becoming multiple day-long events of not eating than a trip to your veterinarian is certainly warranted. There could be many things altering his behaviour enough which wouldn't should some of the symptoms you've listed.
    Hi There, how are you?
    I run a blog aimed at helping pet owners learn about their pets. It's only small at the moment, but the content is honest, well researched and hopefully informative. If you are interested in visiting it, please do. I would love to hear your feedback.
    Click here for my blog: www.vetbag.com