Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Nova's Checkup

Nova's Checkup

Nova came into our lives about a year and a half ago as a rescue from Lousiana with heartworm. The rescue I work with (Doberman Pinscher Rescue of PA) treated him and then he was to be off to a new forever home. But just before that happened, he developed a limp, very very slight limp, usually as he got up in the morning. Just to be sure there wasn't something terrible happening, I took him to the vet for an evaluation. Xrays told the horrible story -- osteosarcoma (bone cancer) in his right front leg. First treatment for this is amputation of the leg. Horrible thought, but he bounced back and was walking well within a week. Then it was on to chemo (4 rounds of carboplatin) and then to a clinical trial of an immunostimulant (3 rounds). All that happened in 2018 with the last treatment the last week of December. Now the wait began to see if the treatments were successful.

Yesterday he got his 3rd quarterly checkup and xrays showed no signs of the disease!!! That doesn't mean it's cured, but it sure has given him a lot of extra time. And he's staying here. He's such a cuddly boy and what we call a velcro dog, always wanting to stick to you and get petting. We're hoping that he will have a long life ahead.

Super Moderator

Re: Nova's Checkup

Fantastic news luffypets! I'm glad to hear Nova may have gone into remission! Best of luck that it doesn't return any time soon and that she can be your velcro for a long time to come!
    Hi There, how are you?
    I run a blog aimed at helping pet owners learn about their pets. It's only small at the moment, but the content is honest, well researched and hopefully informative. If you are interested in visiting it, please do. I would love to hear your feedback.
    Click here for my blog: www.vetbag.com