Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Cats or dogs?

Cats or dogs?

I don't know if this is normal, but my mother prefers dogs while I like cats. In fact, my mother is allergic to cats. She also is not much of an animal person, and had our dog killed after he became sick.

Re: Cats or dogs?

to the forum! Please go to the introductions section of the forum to say hello to members and tell them about yourself and any pets you have.

Regarding your query, it is perfectly normal for people to have a preference for a type of animal as a companion. Concerning your mother having had your "dog killed after he became sick", do you mean that she had the dog euthanised by a vet because he was terminally ill? That, sadly, is sometimes necessary in order to avoid extreme pain prior to passing over.

Top Dog Re: Cats or dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiababina View Post
    I don't know if this is normal, but my mother prefers dogs while I like cats. In fact, my mother is allergic to cats. She also is not much of an animal person, and had our dog killed after he became sick.
    I also had allergy to cats. But I just dont allow my cats on my bedroom anymore. And we dont have carpets anymore, that is to avoid their fur of getting stucked on the carpet because that is what actually gave me allergy. Im sorry about your dog .. I also have dogs and I dont allow them inside the bedroom either, exactly to avoid that I will be breathing any dust accumulated by any fur of them while I sleep.

Greetings

Re: Cats or dogs?

Actually, a lot of allergies have been traced to the use of carpets. Dust mites, mold spores and other nasty things can easily get into carpets and cause breathing problems. See: https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-...et-allergy.htm