Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dog's behaviour with new rabbit

hello, I have a 3 year old corgi jack russell mix. he is very good with people and other dogs and is never aggressive. yesterday i got a new rabbit and he isn't aggressive towards it but stays near the cage and cries for a while and then will just sit looking at it. we have the rabbit in the house but is up on a side board where the dog can not reach it. yesterday he wouldn't even respond to us calling him. today he seems a bit better. he will go outside and respond to us, but still wants to sit under the cage and stare. we brought him up to the cage and the rabbit approached him and he just smelled and licked. I'm just wondering, will he get used to the rabbit being present in the house or will he continue to be extemely curious of the rabbit. thanks!

Re: Dog's behaviour with new rabbit

I think it will pass with time.
    to the forum!
    Please go to the introductions section to say hello to members. Also, feel free to add photos of your companion animals.

Super Moderator

I'd agree with LPC. He seems to just be really curious about your rabbit. It may take a few days, but he will get comfortable with the rabbit around. Out of curiosity, what are their names adamwhelan?
    Hi There, how are you?
    I run a blog aimed at helping pet owners learn about their pets. It's only small at the moment, but the content is honest, well researched and hopefully informative. If you are interested in visiting it, please do. I would love to hear your feedback.
    Click here for my blog: www.vetbag.com

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    I think it will pass with time.
    to the forum!
    Please go to the introductions section to say hello to members. Also, feel free to add photos of your companion animals.
    okay, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Wrax View Post
    I'd agree with LPC. He seems to just be really curious about your rabbit. It may take a few days, but he will get comfortable with the rabbit around. Out of curiosity, what are their names adamwhelan?
    my dog's name is Stampy and the rabbits name is Ruby :)