Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone. I draw the animas I love!

Hello !

I am an animal lover and I express this by drawing them. Here is a cockatiel drawing of mine.

etsy.com/ca/listing/696224467/cockatiel-parrot-greeting-card-bird

Glad to be here!
    Last edited by LPC; 04-08-2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Converted hyperlink to text only

Re: Hello everyone. I draw the animas I love!

to the forum, animalart! You have considerable artistic talent. Normally, commercial links are not allowed, but exceptionally I have left your link for the moment so that members can view your work if they wish. I have, however, edited the link so that it is no longer a direct hyperlink, but text only. In return for this favour, I should be grateful if you would join in forum discussions.

Please tell us all about yourself and how you started doing animal art. What pets do you have? You say that you are animal lover. Which animals do you like the most?
    Last edited by LPC; 04-08-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    to the forum, animalart! You have considerable artistic talent. Normally, commercial links are not allowed, but exceptionally I have left your link for the moment so that members can view your work if they wish. I have, however, edited the link so that it is no longer a direct hyperlink, but text only. In return for this favour, I should be grateful if you would join in forum discussions.

Please tell us all about yourself and how you started doing animal art. What pets do you have? You say that you are animal lover. Which animals do you like the most?
    Hello LPC,

Thank you for your kind words and gesture. I appreciate it.

Growing up, I always wanted a cat and a bear as a pet. My mother is asthmatic therefore the discussion would end up on a negative every time. I watched youtube cats/ dogs videos and had Baloo to satiate my desire of the adorable things. The first time I learnt that bears actually kill humans I felt cheated. It was just cats dogs and horses from then on!

Now that I am a grownup I can have my own cat or a dog. The times that I am not home, I feel that they would get lonely. I feel that they need companionship and I do not want to rob them of that. I guess I am used to appreciating them from far? Or perhaps I am not responsible enough to take care of them? Not sure.

I love hanging out at the zoo and with National Geographic. I have to say that horses are my favorite. They have served man for years in domestics as well as wars. It is wildly free and powerful.

I started writing pointed pen and ink calligraphy a few years ago. Modern and then copperplate. I fell in love with it and wanted to combine my two loves which I did! Thank you so much for your support.

An idea that came to me is to have an animal art tab for folks who would like to have a custom pet portrait done or share sentiments by giving cards, memorials or housewarming gifts.
    Last edited by animalart; 04-08-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Super Moderator

Hi animalart

Welcome to the forum! I agree with LPC that your artistic talents are far better than mine.

Wanting a bear as a pet is certainly quite a unique first choice, but I'm glad you've found out the animals that you truly love now. Would you consider getting a horse in the future?

I also wanted to ask if you have checked out Bob Cleary's animal cartoon thread on this forum? Since you obviously have a talent for art, I'm sure you'll find them just as enjoyable as the rest of us do. If you did want to check it out I've left a link here: http://www.animalforum.com/showthrea...nimal-Cartoons

Looking forward to joining in discussion with you on the forums :)
    Hi There, how are you?
    I run a blog aimed at helping pet owners learn about their pets. It's only small at the moment, but the content is honest, well researched and hopefully informative. If you are interested in visiting it, please do. I would love to hear your feedback.
    Click here for my blog: www.vetbag.com

Hello Wrax!

I would like to see your artwork!
    The bear wish was courtesy of The Jungle Book!
    I love the idea of having a horse. Maybe some day.
    Animal cartoon thread? Sounds great! I will certainly check it out.
    Thank you :)

Super Moderator

My artistic capabilities are very limited, trust me I leave that role to those like yourself.

If you do decide to get a horse, I'm sure they will have many wonderful drawings done of them too.

Bob's cartoons are very funny. I'm still amazed that he can regularly come up with ideas. I would have been out of creativity a long time ago.
    Hi There, how are you?
    I run a blog aimed at helping pet owners learn about their pets. It's only small at the moment, but the content is honest, well researched and hopefully informative. If you are interested in visiting it, please do. I would love to hear your feedback.
    Click here for my blog: www.vetbag.com

Nice work! Your style is very smooth and professional. Of course I love ink drawings so your bird is quite impressive. Please share more.

Hey animalart those are some lovely pictures, and i've always wanted to wrestle a bear that would not be possible since it would most likely claw my face off.

Side idea for you, you can also label some of your designs as tattoo design, so that way when people search "bee tattoo" or "giraffe tattoo" your designs will come up and you can get more exposure like that. I do tattoos and that is how i search and find my designs when i can't draw them myself. If you are against the idea of tattoos i understand that this is a bad idea lol, but just thought i'd let you know your designs are awesome for that. you can even go to a local tattoo shop and they might buy some designs from you.

my favorite drawing is the horse btw, its so beautiful :) awesome work

I will have to see it myself to decide
    I made a horse drawing. Im not sure of I should post it here? Or start a new thread.
    I love Bob's Cartoons. They made my day. I will come back for more good feels!
    Happy Easter.

Hi Bob!

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I am so glad that you like my drawing style. Pen and ink is a fantastic medium. I studied acrylics and oils but have come to
    really love the expression of pen and ink. Plus the clean up is minimal with no getting high on the spirits!
    I love your drawing style and your sense of humour. I find myself laughing out loud and they make my day!
    Here is a recent one.
    Name:  il_1588xN.1851493522_1nah.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  122.2 KB