Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: I want a dog.

I want a dog.

Hello. I want a dog.

But im not sure if I should get one because I heard they can make a mess in your house. Can dogs be trained so that they go to the toliet only on morning and evening dog walks?

Super Moderator

Re: I want a dog.

Welcome newsbeat

Dogs can be messy, but how messy depends on many different things. If you are smart about which breed of dog you get and make an effect to train them early, you can really limit the amount of mess they would make. Some ways to help limit any mess your dog may make include brushing their coat to remove any excess hair and being proactive with drying their feet if they go out on the wet grass. You should also not encourage them to eat at your shoes or any of those other playing behaviours which tend to make a mess.

Some people have trained their dogs to go to the toilet on commands. The only problem with having a dog who can only go to the bathroom on walks is that you need to be strict with yourself, and make sure that you go on those daily walks. If you get lazy and don't want to take them for walks, your dog will really need to do their business! However if you are happy to take them on their daily walks then this isn't too much of a problem.

Hope that helps :)
    Hi There, how are you?
    I run a blog aimed at helping pet owners learn about their pets. It's only small at the moment, but the content is honest, well researched and hopefully informative. If you are interested in visiting it, please do. I would love to hear your feedback.
    Click here for my blog: www.vetbag.com