Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Does anyone know how to get help with vet bills

My 14 week old puppy is very sick. Early last week she went from a happy go lucky puppy who was very playful to unresponsive and then having seizures, at the time it was not known if she had been perhaps stung by a bee or had fallen from my bed but it turned out to be neither and the vet thinks she has portosystemic shunts. The initial test results show that she does, but she needs one more test to confirm it. The vet estimated that test to be around $200 and the most common treatment would of course be surgery which is bound to be expensive. I love her so much and will do anything to get her the help she needs. I spent almost $300 on her vet bill and will pay whatever it takes to get her back to the happy go lucky puppy she was but I am really short on cash right now and I am not sure where I am going to get it. I started a go fund me but I am not good with things of that nature and so not sure where that will go. Has anyone had any experience getting some help with vet bills or any organizations that help? It would break my heart in to so many pieces if I were to lose her, I've only had her 4 weeks but it feels like she has been a part of me forever and I lost my 15 year old chihuahua back around Christmas (and our birthday) I do not want to lose my new baby girl. So any ideas where to turn with this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Does anyone know how to get help with vet bills

Unfortunately, you have not stated the country in which you live. In the UK, the Blue Cross and other organisations will often offer veterinary treatment at subsidised cost or even free, depending on your financial circumstances. Some other countries (including the USA) also have animal charities which will help with costs. If you state where you live, maybe we can find some organisations which could help you.

Every blessing to your dear puppy!

Re: Does anyone know how to get help with vet bills

Thank you I live in the USA in the state of Ohio and so far have had no luck finding any help. :( I applied for something called care credit but since I have no credit I was denied. I am going to keep trying to find something and will keep everyone updated as we continue on our journey.