Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Your recommendations Please

My Labrador loves bell peppers, but I avoid to give it often, since I am not quite sure is it useful or dangerous. Recently I've come across this link about bell peppers - https://petlem.com/can-dogs-eat-bell-peppers , how do you think, is it dangerous?

Re: Your recommendations Please

I would suggest that you add a very small amount, chopped up into tiny pieces, to his normal food. I personally wouldn't recommend giving too much in one go.

Dogs are omnivores and some vegetables and fruit are good for them (but not all - check the net first as a few can be toxic for dogs, e.g. grapes, cherries and onions). Here is a good page:
    https://trupanion.com/pet-care/fruit...ggies-for-pets

But dogs do need meat as the basis of their diet and intake of safe vegetables and fruit should not be excessive.

Thank you for your recommendations. I will take a look this page. Why do you prefer chopped ones?

The vegetables will be more easily digested if finely cut and mixed with meat, rather than if they are given in large chunks.

okay, I see ^_^

Thanks for the link to the veggies and fruits. I eat a lot myself, so it's good to know I can give my dogs the same things to keep them healthy.

My dog is also a pepper lover, he'd get into the garden & go for the peppers and tomatoes every year. He did it for years before I finally built a fence he couldn't sneak through. He never had any digestive/stomach health problems. I'm a believer that many vegetables are good for dogs, but it's always good to keep an eye out for changes in behavior when they eat anything not normally on a dogs menu.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chessies View Post
    My dog is also a pepper lover, he'd get into the garden & go for the peppers and tomatoes every year. He did it for years before I finally built a fence he couldn't sneak through. He never had any digestive/stomach health problems. I'm a believer that many vegetables are good for dogs, but it's always good to keep an eye out for changes in behavior when they eat anything not normally on a dogs menu.
    I also believe that vegetables are good not only for humans, for dogs as well :) But we should take care in any case. I advise you wireless dog fences in case you have a large dog. Here is the link.

https://petlem.com/wireless-dog-fence-large-dogs/
    Last edited by Animal-Lover21; 02-06-2018 at 01:37 AM.

I've been looking into getting a wireless fence, thanks for the link. I've got a young male dog just coming into adulthood with unfixed female dogs across the street. I wont neuter him until he's 1 1/2 to 2 years old, so the next year will tough. Keeping him from becoming a father, he's just not ready for that kind of responsibility. He has his own dog door & & can get out through my driveway gate which gets left open often. I want to run a fence across the driveway, so it needs to be durable enough to be run over. Have you used wireless fences before?

Quote Originally Posted by 2chessies View Post
    I've been looking into getting a wireless fence, thanks for the link. I've got a young male dog just coming into adulthood with unfixed female dogs across the street. I wont neuter him until he's 1 1/2 to 2 years old, so the next year will tough. Keeping him from becoming a father, he's just not ready for that kind of responsibility. He has his own dog door & & can get out through my driveway gate which gets left open often. I want to run a fence across the driveway, so it needs to be durable enough to be run over. Have you used wireless fences before?
    You are welcome. It's pleasure for me to help you a little bit :) No, I've not used wireless fence, I live in a flat. But my best friend has a wireless fence and I know that it's much more comfortable. :))) Besides, electric fence isn't safer for dog. This video below proves that wireless fence is safer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8U_gZoaVUA
    Last edited by Animal-Lover21; 02-07-2018 at 01:30 AM.