Hi everyone,

My name is Jess and I have only just found this awesome website. I love animals, in particular dogs and cats! I am a fourth-year law student in New Zealand who is campaigning for better animal welfare rights and legislation. After a horrible experience I have had, whereby my long-term partner killed my beautiful dog Kelly, it has become very apparent to me that our legal system here is filled with gaps and just plain uncaring toward animal abuse cases. I am hoping to change this by highlighting the issues and petitioning Parliament to change laws in respect of this issue. With my case, I am currently waiting for the next Court date, so fingers crossed we can get some justice for my girl! I have just done a blog on this in the blog section, but basically, here is a petition I have started in an effort to get attention surrounding the short-comings I have observed here and my hopes for it to be resolved as the prosecution proceeds: https://www.change.org/p/new-zealand...ath-needlessly

Again, this is a really cool website and I am very happy to have found it and be able to discuss our fur babies with like-minded people.

Jess