Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Update!

Update!

Been awhile since I posted anything on here so I've made a post in animals news and now I'm gonna give you all an update on what's been happening while I've been away from the forum.

I currently have a total of 15 ferrets, I only interned on breeding two ferrets this year, Nancy and Bandit. But this is what's happened instead.
    Nancy - No luck, she's had two phantoms and tricked me into thinking she was preggers twice.
    Bandit - Had a large litter of 7 with Jimmy, lost 2 early on and then 3 weeks after they were born, Bandit suddenly dropped dead unexpectedly :( but Willow and Whisper raised her kits with theirs. 2 of them I'm keeping, they're the only 2 girls from Bandit's litter. And the other 3 I'm selling, one of the males is a bit small though so I'm keeping a close eye on him. Here's a photo of the 2 girls I'm keeping, Scylla and Cinder.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  1,009.9 KB

Willow - Had a litter of 4 with Vinnie and I'm keeping the sable blaze male kit, he's called Sherlock.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  586.0 KB

And Whisper - Had 3 kits with Vinnie, not keeping any of hers back because they're related to Sherlock as Willow and Whisper are sisters and the kits are half brothers anyway because they have the same dad.

All the kits except 4 have got homes to go to so they're up for sale at the moment, advertised on 3 different sites. But because I'm keeping Sherlock, I can keep Vinnie as I can't have more than 2 entire hobs during breeding season which is half a year long. So I'm rehoming Vinnie soon, but I'm only going to let him go to a home where he won't be used for breeding or hunting with, early retirement for him really.

And with college, I've just failed at life with that so I'm hopefully changing courses completely from animals care to media studies which will help with my YouTube channel... I really need to record and upload a video for that.
    Ferrent (ferret parent/owner) to Margo, Nancy, Jimmy, Willow, Fergie, Watson, Smokii, Slynkee, Sherlock and Scylla the EU polecat hybrid.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets
    RIP Florence, Jasper, and Bandit the eu polecat.

Re: Update!

Gosh, what exciting news about your animals! Congrats on the births! You have been busy. We missed you on the forum and are glad that you are back.

Sorry to read about your course not working out - but every best wish for the media studies! Yes, more videos please!
    Last edited by LPC; 07-27-2017 at 12:31 PM.