Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: I got a kitten!

I got a kitten!

About a week ago I was leaving work (I work at a Ledo Pizza.) On my way out the door, I saw a little white blob moving around under the stairs, so I call my boyfriend and we spend a few minutes fishing whatever it is out. Only to find out it's a little kitty someone had just abandoned there. She was skinny and covered in fleas. My mom is allergic, but I needed a place to keep her overnight because the humane society was closed. I get home with her, and explain to my mom that the kitten isn't staying, and I'll take her to the humane society tomorrow. My mother told me no, that she knew people who wanted her. We decided to pretty much foster her until we could find her a home. We decided to call her Ledo. (Both my mom and me didn't want her going to the humane, knowing she'd probably not be adopted.) I gave her a bath and started to work on her weight gain. She was so hungry she'd eat like it was the only meal she was ever going to get! Days pass, everyone at my job is looking for a home for her, she had her own hashtag #homeofledo

In the end my mom and step dad fell in love, and now we're keeping her despite my mom being allergic. I have rescued countless of kittens over the past year, about 7, and then 2 bunnies, a bat, and 2 dogs. I've learned to love the fact I'm giving them a loving place to live until they find their forever homes so I don't get attached into keeping any animals I can't afford.

So my parents had their first foster fail...and her name is Ledo.

Re: I got a kitten!

Well done, Sandysdogpack! Ledo is one lucky kitten! It is wonderful, too, that you have saved so many animals over the past year.

I'm pretty excited because I've never owned my own kitten- other than one that me and my boyfriend kept but it lives with him, not me. Ever since I was little I've loved animals and I really want to get into fostering once I'm stable and on my own two feet. Hoping to rescue a lot more animals the only thing is finding people and rescues to take them in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandysdogpack View Post
    About a week ago I was leaving work (I work at a Ledo Pizza.) On my way out the door, I saw a little white blob moving around under the stairs, so I call my boyfriend and we spend a few minutes fishing whatever it is out. Only to find out it's a little kitty someone had just abandoned there. She was skinny and covered in fleas. My mom is allergic, but I needed a place to keep her overnight because the humane society was closed. I get home with her, and explain to my mom that the kitten isn't staying, and I'll take her to the humane society tomorrow. My mother told me no, that she knew people who wanted her. We decided to pretty much foster her until we could find her a home. We decided to call her Ledo. (Both my mom and me didn't want her going to the humane, knowing she'd probably not be adopted.) I gave her a bath and started to work on her weight gain. She was so hungry she'd eat like it was the only meal she was ever going to get! Days pass, everyone at my job is looking for a home for her, she had her own hashtag #homeofledo

In the end my mom and step dad fell in love, and now we're keeping her despite my mom being allergic. I have rescued countless of kittens over the past year, about 7, and then 2 bunnies, a bat, and 2 dogs. I've learned to love the fact I'm giving them a loving place to live until they find their forever homes so I don't get attached into keeping any animals I can't afford.

So my parents had their first foster fail...and her name is Ledo.
    Great job sandy