Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Your dog would ever bite u??

My friend's dog was five and half years old, Few days past, he was serving food to his dog, suddenly it has bitten him.*Until these days it doesnít have this kind of behavior. He was too worried. I donít know what's the reason can someone suggest anything?

Re: Your dog would ever bite u??

Perhaps food aggression.
    Ferrent (ferret parent/owner) to Margo, Nancy, Jimmy, Willow, Fergie, Watson, Smokii, Slynkee, Sherlock and Scylla the EU polecat hybrid.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets
    RIP Florence, Jasper, and Bandit the eu polecat.

What country does your friend live in? If it is country with rabies, then your friend should see a doctor, just to be on the safe side. It is extremely unlikely to be the cause, but safety first....

More likely causes:

Did your friend put some food on the plate, then try to add some more? Dogs will sometimes resist their plates being touched once they have started eating.

Are there any other pets in the house? Were they nearby at time? Food rivalry can cause aggression, too.

ya, Maybe I don't think so.@Frolicking ferrets
    Last edited by Paw Campus; 07-13-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    What country does your friend live in? If it is country with rabies, then your friend should see a doctor, just to be on the safe side. It is extremely unlikely to be the cause, but safety first....

More likely causes:

Did your friend put some food on the plate, then try to add some more? Dogs will sometimes resist their plates being touched once they have started eating.

Are there any other pets in the house? Were they nearby at time? Food rivalry can cause aggression, too.
    He lives in Hongkong.Ok, i will advise him to visit Doctor once again. And there are no other pets in his home.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Ferrets View Post
    Perhaps food aggression.
    oh.Maybe..I don't think so..

Blog Entries

That's strange, Paw Campus. The dog goes five and a half years without biting his human, then suddenly decides to...
    I presume the dog has lived with that person all or most of that five and a half years?
    If the dog has only recently been adopted then their relationship is a work in progress, and things like that can happen. Particularly if the dog has been in shelter, stressed, or has come from a background where he/she had to fight for food.
    But it's serious, and needs work right away. It musn't be allowed to continue. A good canine behaviourist would no doubt be able to help and advise. (not a dog trainer -instead a behaviourist.)

But if he dog has lived with the same person all that time, and suddenly bites like that, it's odd and concerning. I'd still say help from a canine behaviourist is a good idea. It's urgent too.

But sudden behaviour changes can sometimes be caused by some hidden illness. It's wise to get the dog checked out physically as well, and a blood test run.