Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Dog ID

Dog ID

Hello everyone, I am David Larsen. One year ago, I adopted a small dog; he was so cute and adorable. Last month I lost him and search him everywhere, but I couldn’t find him. After some days, I heard about pet ID cards, it gives the unique identity for pets. By having a pet id cards we can search our pets when they get lost. So, I suggest every pet owner to create a Pet Drivers License ID for their pets to feel them secure.

Re: Hi Pet Lovers (especially rescued pet lovers)!

Quote Originally Posted by mypet_dmv View Post
    Hello everyone, I am David Larsen. One year ago, I adopted a small dog; he was so cute and adorable. Last month I lost him and search him everywhere, but I couldn’t find him. After some days, I heard about pet ID cards, it gives the unique identity for pets. By having a pet id cards we can search our pets when they get lost. So, I suggest every pet owner to create a Pet Drivers License ID for their pets to feel them secure.
    Hi David. Here (I live in S.Ontario), it is mandatory that dogs are micro-chipped, and are licensed... with the license tag attached to their collar. It is a very effective i/d. system because if the dog should slip out of its collar (snag it on a low branch perhaps), then a quick scan around its ears will detect the microchip. Needless to say our very precious Ray is both micro-chipped and licensed and, while we take every precaution to ensure that he is always with us, he could easily be identified by our local animal control people if he did "escape"! Regards. Colin :)

Re: Dog ID

Welcome to the forum, David. I have moved your post to a new thread, as it was out of place tacked on to meanandray's thread (although he has graciously replied to you already!).

Here in France, the situation is the same. Dogs (and cats) are legally required to be microchipped and registered. This means that if a pet is ever lost, s/he can be restored to the correct human caretaker, using the microchip as the ID source.

Hi Dave, I've never heard of pet IDs but I've heard of a pet passport that could be used as an ID, are you referring to pet passports?
    All my lets are microchipped and have either tags on their collars or in the case of my ferrets they have ID tubes attached to their harnesses for when I take them for walks.
    Ferrent (ferret parent/owner) to Margo, Nancy, Jimmy, Willow, Fergie, Watson, Smokii, Slynkee, Sherlock and Scylla the EU polecat hybrid.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets
    RIP Florence, Jasper, and Bandit the eu polecat.

Re: Hi Pet Lovers (especially rescued pet lovers)!

Quote Originally Posted by meandray View Post
    Hi David. Here (I live in S.Ontario), it is mandatory that dogs are micro-chipped, and are licensed... with the license tag attached to their collar. It is a very effective i/d. system because if the dog should slip out of its collar (snag it on a low branch perhaps), then a quick scan around its ears will detect the microchip. Needless to say our very precious Ray is both micro-chipped and licensed and, while we take every precaution to ensure that he is always with us, he could easily be identified by our local animal control people if he did "escape"! Regards. Colin :)
    Hello meandray, it’s true, the micro-chip is a great idea for pet security but as we know that most people cannot afford this micro-chip as it is very costly. However, pet driver’s license comes in least expensive price and everyone can buy this.

The USA is almost the last country where a microchip for pet animals is not required by law. For a list of all the countries in the world where a microchip is legally required, see http://www.pettravel.com/passports_m..._countries.cfm