Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The missing ferrets crisis

The other day, during the afternoon I got a phone call from the neighbour saying that my ferrets had escaped and their enclosure was broken, I wasn't at home and was returning the next day which was Sunday. Anyway so I wasn't there so I was stressing and could hardly sleep that night, Sunday morning my neighbour called again saying she and the other neighbours had found 5 of them and that one of the white ones was still missing. So I was relieved most of them were found. When I got home I checked to see which ferret was missing, it was Whisper. Then I checked the enclosure and the breakage on it wasn't done by the ferrets themselves, it looked like the mesh had been kicked in. Anyway I got that fixed and put the 5 found furbabies back in the enclosure and could I find Whisper anywhere around the garden or my neighbours' gardens? Nope. As I was leaving the pet shop down the road from where I live, I spot Whisper being given a bath in the dog groomers which is next door to the pet shop, that was not a place I'd expect to find a ferret all.
    Ferrent to Nancy, Vinnie, Willow, Whisper, Jimmy, and Bandit the EU polecat.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets

Re: The missing ferrets crisis

Well, that's some story, FF! Glad it all worked out well in the end.

Blog Entries

Re: The missing ferrets crisis

I hope there have been no recurrences of that incident in the past few weeks. It sounds as if someone deliberately damaged the enclosure! That was a very mean thing to do.

By the way....I have just watched about 20 of your really interesting videos of the ferrets. They go for walks very nicely in their harnesses. I never realised how much ferrets love going for walks. Thanks for uploading.