Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi Pet Lovers (especially rescued pet lovers)!

My name is Colin, and just over 4 years ago now, I was adopted by Ray. I had been bitten by a German Shepherd when around 14 years old, and was now contemplating the possibility of adopting a dog. My first dog!

I decided that my "ideal" dog would be a good size, sociable, very secure in him/her self, and a "huggy" personality. I was adopted by Ray, a German Shepherd/Rottweiler X. He had no social skills, was afraid of anything that moved (lunge and bark usually solved the problem); did not like being touched; had no house training, and was assessed at around 2 yeas old with startle response, fear aggression... and later, Stage 2 heart-worm. He did meet my criteria in size as, at 75 lbs, he was certainly a good size dog!

Ray moved in with us in March 2013! We now have one very precious and special dog living here! I wouldn't change him for the world! :)

Re: Hi Pet Lovers (especially rescued pet lovers)!

Great introduction, Colin! You explained everything so clearly. I wish you and Ray every happiness. He has fallen on feet with you as his human.

to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    Great introduction, Colin! You explained everything so clearly. I wish you and Ray every happiness. He has fallen on feet with you as his human.

to the forum!
    Thx LPC. Looking forward to interacting with others of similar interest! :) Colin.

Hello and welcome to the forum, adoption and rescue is always a good route, my little Nancy and Vinnie were sorta rescues, Vinnie was underfed when I got him and had a very dry coat and flaky skin. And Nancy was traumatised when I got her and unresponsive to everything, she'd just stay still and rigid when being handled, I think her previous own musta dropped her something because she'll hold onto my sleeve with her back feet to make herself feel more secure, but she's much more outgoing towards people now.
    Feel free to explore the forum, ask questions, give advice share animal news, funny stories etc :)
    Ferrent (ferret parent/owner) to Margo, Nancy, Jimmy, Willow, Fergie, Watson, Smokii, Slynkee, Sherlock and Scylla the EU polecat hybrid.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets
    RIP Florence, Jasper, and Bandit the eu polecat.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Ferrets View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum, adoption and rescue is always a good route, my little Nancy and Vinnie were sorta rescues, Vinnie was underfed when I got him and had a very dry coat and flaky skin. And Nancy was traumatised when I got her and unresponsive to everything, she'd just stay still and rigid when being handled, I think her previous own musta dropped her something because she'll hold onto my sleeve with her back feet to make herself feel more secure, but she's much more outgoing towards people now.
    Feel free to explore the forum, ask questions, give advice share animal news, funny stories etc :)
    Thx FF - It's quite amazing how dogs will adjust given some guidance, TLC and lots of patience isn't it. Just getting myself organized and then I can participate here! :) I