Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: My dog is bored

Top Dog My dog is bored

My dog lays all day no matter how many times i try to take her for a walk,what should i do?

Re: My dog is bored

Welcome to the forum!

There are a couple of things which you need to do if you desire the help of members of this forum with this issue:

1. Go to the introductions section of the forum to tell us all about yourself and any pets you have. This will provide valuable background, as well as being part of forum etiquette.
    2. Please give full background information on this thread about your dog (you didn't mention his/her name): age, breed type (or nearest breeds if mongrel), previous health history, character traits, what food you are giving and how often, whether the dog is eating and defecating normally, whether the dog is drinking fresh water normally, how long you have had the dog with you, whether there were any previous caretakers....etc.

To be honest, without such information we would only be guessing "in the dark". There could be many possible explanations.

Blog Entries

Hello Bixxi :)

I advise you to take your dog to be seen by a vet. It is not natural for a dog -even an older dog -to want to lie about all day. When they don't want to move at all, that means something is wrong. Very often it's because they don't feel well, or are in pain.
    Please take her to be checked by a vet as soon as you can.

Yes, Tobi, that is good advice. I wrote to the OP by PM, but she has not been back to the forum yet to read our replies, so we don't know how her dog is doing.

Blog Entries

I hope Bixxi did read our replies, or at least got advice somewhere else. I hope the dog is okay.

It is always wise, if a dog behaves in any unusual way, not to assume it's a 'psychological' issue. It's always better to get the dog checked for physical ailments first. Many dogs will show behaviour changes when they are unwell physically.

Bird Dance Re: My dog is bored

my apologies on the late reply
    such amazing advise, turns out she was not feeling too well due to a few ticks even I have not noticed as I wash her regularly!! , and because of her age as well she is about 8 years of age,multease poodle (mixed breed) iv had her for a very long time
    however after the check up she's back to her bouncy old self I am keeping her hydrated and some doggy snacks with loads of nutrition and she has her adoptive siblings to play with,she has less time to be lonely (cuute)
    Last edited by Bixxi; Yesterday at 04:42 PM. Reason: adding additional information