Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: I got hacked

I got hacked

Yesterday, I got hacked, someone had hacked into my google account for my YouTube channel, luckily, they didn't touch my channel. Instead they targeted my google plus account and harassed people on google hangouts. They deleted the My Mustelids collection, changed my profile picture from my ferret to a fricken kawaii potato! Bullied 6 people on G+ and told my close friend Jacob; who I talk to using hangouts; that I love his dick, and then harassed several people on hangouts, offended a load of people in the process.
    After I got it sorted out, passwords changed and re set up 2 step verification and back up email. The sod then has the attitude to ring me, and leave a very short voicemail saying, "Muahahahahah" so now, I have my hacker's phone number.

I'm now asking myself a few questions,
    1. Being how the heck has he bypassed my two step verification login process?
    2. Why target me when my account isn't that popular?
    3. Why'd he call my boyfriend a pervert?
    And 4. Just fricken why tell my close friend that I love his dick?

Also I think he made a mistake by ringing me, since now I know where he's from too.
    Ferrent to Nancy, Vinnie, Willow, Whisper, Jimmy, and Bandit the EU polecat.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets

Re: I got hacked

I'm very sorry to read all this. I thought that we hadn't seen you on the forum for a while, so assumed that you were busy with your studies.

If you have the phone number of this person and evidence of hacking, then you could simply pass all the details you have to the police. However, the man who did this may well know your address, if he has your phone number. Please be careful. You don't want to make this man angry and risk worse happening.

It sounds to me, judging by the details you have given, that this person knows you personally. I'm not very familiar with Google Plus but I seem to recall that a mobile number is required for part of the process. If this person knows you, he may have been able to guess your password. Do not use anything which someone else could guess (e.g. name of a relative or pet). I would suggest making your password as abstract and as long as possible, with random characters and numbers included.

This is worrying and please keep us updated. I hope that this will not distract you too much from your studies.

I recommend that you seek the advice of your parents about what to do. Also, I suggest that you make sure that your mobile network is aware of the problem and monitors usage of the number.

My best wishes to you at this difficult time!
    Last edited by LPC; 03-13-2017 at 07:34 AM.

I don't know this person at all, all I know is that he is from India because of the number and is definitely a man because of the voicemail.
    My parents think it's someone trying to mess with me, and the voicemail could of been a taunt.

My back up email for the account has been changed now, all passwords for any of my other email accounts have also been changed. The two step verification phone number has been changed but I still don't know how he managed to bypass the other one unless he has hacked in via my mobile, which if he had, I think my mobile network would have known about a hacker in their system.
    But I'll let Tesco know about the Indian hacker who hacked my account and knows my phone number.
    As for letting the police know, I'm unsure so I'm going to ask the college staff shortly for their opinion on the matter since I'm thinking my parents haven't taken it seriously.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets

Also, I have been on the forum everyday, just keeping quiet, lurking and keeping an eye out for spammers. Just used the easy cleanup for two new members who have posted several YouTube links.

How did they get into your account or was it just luck or did they target you?

Quote Originally Posted by samuelriley9 View Post
    How did they get into your account or was it just luck or did they target you?
    My friend who has a friend in the police force who works on these sort of things recons they got into my account using the brute force method which leaves evidence of the hack happening. Why my account was targeted I don't know at all but they haven't hacked back into my account, for now anyway.

That's good I take it you have recovered things that where lost. Glad everything is okay :)

I feel sorry to hear that, my friend have also experienced the same thing last week. Just like you, the hacker posted the nasty things about her. Insecurity hits that hacker to do such thing, and I must say that the person behind it knows you so well. It is advisable that you change into an alphanumeric password add some special characters so that it won't happen again. It is good that you reset up the security question and add a backup account. Someone who's technical enough (IT/Computer major) can help you trace the IP address of the hacker.