Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

how to stop animal abuse

dear all
    recently a video surfaced where few Arab boys were dangling a goat in front of three dogs
    the dogs first started biting and then went in to a frenzied attack
    by the end they tied the goats hands to one car and the legs to another car
    they moved the cars a part until the goat was suspended in the air, still alive at that point
    the attack continued by the dogs, finally they drove their cars in opposite direction "no description is really needed"
    the goat died shortly after
    all the people involved were identified and their cars matched to the cars in the video by volunteers, however no legal action was taking not even a fine

this is the video "the graphic parts removed":

Warning by admin: this video displays extreme animal cruelty, even in this edited version. Do not view this video unless you can cope with viewing such appalling scenes. You have been warned. The description above is probably enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO0aKT8RRf0

away from racism and in a constructive manner, what can be done in cases such as this one, where you find that the local law is lacking

thanks
    Last edited by LPC; 03-01-2017 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Warning in red added by forum admin

Re: how to stop animal abuse

Samir: the video, even in this edited version, is extremely upsetting and I could not bear to watch more than a few seconds. I do not see why you mention racism in your post, as animal cruelty goes on all over the world. It is not restricted to one nation or race.

You have written that "the local law is lacking". What exactly do you mean? That there are not suitable laws against animal cruelty? Or that there are such laws, but the police were unwilling to prosecute?

If it is a case of the laws not existing, then there is little can be done. Strong pressure needs to be applied on the government in that country for new animal cruelty laws (the video does not state which country this happened in). Or if the laws do exist but the police wouldn't do anything, then perhaps an appeal could be made to police headquarters about the inaction of the local police force, attaching details of what happened, the names of the perpetrators and some photos.

If all else fails, perhaps the local newspapers could be informed (with photos).
    Last edited by LPC; 03-01-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Re: how to stop animal abuse

This video is heartbreaking, the governing body for the animals right must work on tightening the protection of any animals. I don't get the fact that they allow these abusers to escape the jail. I believe that there's a law in all countries about animal welfare but they are just setting it aside. I have seen numerous animal violence in the internet which is really alarming but it seems like the government don't pay attention into it. These people should pay for their misconduct in order for them to learn their lesson.