Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Animal Abuse

Animal Abuse

dear all
    is Castration of a goat while it is completely awake with no pain killer or medication, cruel?
    is there any way reasonable to use instead of the current way we do it
    here how it is done normally in my part of the world "maybe disturbing for some viewers".

i want to suggest different ways but the problem is, other ways are costly
    can anyone suggest a cheaper and more humane way to castrate a goat,?

Note by admin: Video link removed (too graphic)
    Last edited by LPC; 02-24-2017 at 03:05 AM.

Re: Animal Abuse

Welcome to the forum. I have never had goats, but I did have sheep for many years. During those years, I never ever castrated a young male lamb. They were always sold after maturity for reproduction (breeding rams).

In my opinion, the sort of castration you describe is indeed cruel, painful and barbaric - especially without anaesthetic. A vet could do it for you, using a local anaesthetic. Otherwise, you can buy a special tool and some special bands. You can read about it here: http://www.wikihow.com/Band-a-Goat

Note well: even banding is a painful procedure and administration of lidocaine (a painkiller) is necessary. See note 2 of the notes above.

No animal should be subjected to unnecessary pain.

thank you LPC for your reply

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Ferrent to Nancy, Vinnie, Willow, Whisper, Jimmy, and Bandit the EU polecat.
    Come and see what they're up to here - https://www.youtube.com/c/FrolickingFerrets

thank you Frolicking Ferrets