Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bird Dance What will 2017 be like for animals?!

What do you think 2017 will be like for animals?
    Do you think there will be any break throughs? Improvements? Changes?
    Do you think there will be many positive changes?
    How will President Trump affect animals and wildlife?

These are just a few questions I thought would help you reach the answer. Thanks!
    Last edited by LPC; 01-05-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Re: What will 2017 be like for animals?!

I have moved your thread here, as forum announcements was not the right place.

It is too early yet to say what 2017 will be like for animal welfare issues. A lot of progress was made in 2016, and one hopes that this will continue in 2017 (e.g. current proposals for banning of factory chicken production in the US and Canada).

It is also too early to say how the new USA president will react to animal welfare issues. In any case, please note that this forum is animal related and not political. Please do not make any comment which could be construed as trying to score political points. Commenting on animal legislation is OK, if the focus is just on that - but political arguments are out of place and will be deleted. We are a friendly community, interested in animals and their welfare.
    Last edited by LPC; 01-04-2017 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Typo

Thank you for your kind input LPC.

There have been a lot of positive improvements for animals in 2016. And, hopefully that trend continues in 2017. The year has already started off on a positive note for animals. For example, the closing of Ringling Brothers. And, in Taiwan they have just announced the banning of putting down stray cats and dogs.

As for the political comment, my point was not about party politics. Or about political parties in general. But about animal legislation and how the current president would impact that.

Thanks

Jen
    http://actionforearth.weebly.com/

Yes, I fully understand, Jen. The "no politics, please!" warning was for anyone reading the thread who might have tried to make the discussion political. We had had a few people like that in the past. We welcome all people who care about animals, regardless of their political views.

I see that you have made twelve posts already. That's good! If you keep contributing regularly we will see about letting your link become html. It is a good site and deserves to be noticed.

Honestly, I have no clue what it's gonna be like for animals since I don't particularly enjoy watching the news, so generally don't.
    Anything about animals in the news, I mostly get from my college lecturer through Twitter because he's always posting things animal news and the like.