Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A few weird national animals of some countries.

Hey guys hope you all are doing fine. TBH i found some info which I wanted to share take a look at them.

The national animal of Scotland is Unicorn lol? it really exist? umm I have not seen one in my whole life

The national of animal of North Korea is the Chollima which is even a weirder creature a winged flying horse

Umm a question just came in my mind do any of you know about a country having Dragon or dinosaur as national animal?
    Last edited by LPC; 11-10-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Re: A few weird national animals of some countries.

Welcome to the forum! Your thread was sent by the system for moderation, as there were two disguised links - in the words "unicorn" and "flying horse". I have removed these links and approved your post.

Regarding unicorns, yes, they did exist in the long past, but not in the form they are often described. See http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life...-real-fossils/

The chollima is, however, strictly fictional. To answer your other queries, a red dragon is the national symbol of Wales and the dinsoaur is not used as a national emblem. You will find a full list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_animals

Please go to the introduction section of this forum to say hello to members and tell them about yourself and your interest in animals.

Blog Entries

Well, the Welsh certainly have a Dragon on their flag!
    Name:  welsh flag.png
Views: 36
Size:  7.8 KB

Haha I love that flag Tobi, a dragon high fiving, classic...

Bhutan got a dragon as well in their flag and I thought SriLanka does too but it is actually a lion.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  69.8 KB

I think the Welsh dragon is "high-fouring" rather than "high-fiving"!

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    I think the Welsh dragon is "high-fouring" rather than "high-fiving"!
    Haha you are right!

Blog Entries

Haha LPC!

There has to be something to dragons as they get everywhere! I am sure, as a result, that they are real! (Tobi's logic....hahaha)

The Komodo Dragon in Indonesia!
    http://actionforearth.weebly.com/