Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Introducing the PetCone

Name:  1111.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  92.1 KB

1. INTRODUCTION

We'd like to introduce you to the new design for feeding your pet and also welcome you to the PetCone family....
    As pet owners we put a lot of thought into what we feed our pets. Have we thought about the manner in which we feed them?
    After spending a lot of time with our family pet I had come to notice he was fighting to get every bit of his food, which got me to thinking...
    We had put so much into our family member, things like the proper balanced diet. A balance of exercise with walks and play and as love as the family could give (which nowhere near the love he was giving us) Yet when it came to meal time he would have to chase around his bowl just to complete his meal.
    This got me to thinking about the fact that we needed a new way of feeding him. After much thought about shapes. There it was we needed something that kept his food centered. It was as clear as day.... And we introduce you to the PetCone.
    A series of new designs that we think your pet will love and enjoy eating and drinking from.

2.PET CONE MISSION

At PET CONE we make a more ergonomic and practical and sensible way of feeding your pet with their comfort, safety and ease of use as our foremost concern.
    The thing that drives us most is the unconditional love that we receive from our pets.
    They are family members in our homes and they welcome us as family in their hearts... So for all of the love and the special moments that they give us don't we owe them the best that can give in return?
    As a family run business we at Pet Cone would like to help with that. Not only because we want the best for you and your pet, but because as pet owners ourselves we want to share in helping you return some of the love your pet gives to you by helping make their eating experience a safe and more pleasurable one.
    Let's talk about safety: our pets trust us with their health and wellbeing... So the question begs to be asked. Who are we trusting with their health? We live in a more health conscious world, and this should not stop with our dinner table but should extend to every family member including our pets.
    Let's talk about pleasurable with respects to our pets: being owners of a beautiful pet ourselves we have observed that when eating from the typical eating bowl our pet would struggle chasing his food around the bowl in an attempt to catch every last morsel (bite) of his food, finally giving up.
    So we asked ourselves. What could be done to improve his eating utensil? What should we do to make his eating experience a more pleasurable one?
    So we came up with this new design for pet feeding and called it PET CONE because of its innovative shape that had worked for our pet and we hope you agree that it works for your pet as well.

Thank you very much for Reading about our product.

See below for more info.

Official Site: Pet-Cone.com

Our Kickstater: kickstarter.com/projects/petcone/petcone?ref=discovery
    Last edited by LPC; 10-08-2016 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Html links removed and left as plain text

Re: Introducing the PetCone

Welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread to this section of the forum, where it is more appropriate. Commercial links are normally not allowed, but as your product is innovative and might be of interest to pet owners, it can stay in this part of the forum. However, I have changed your html links into plain text. Interested members will still be able to find your websites if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread to this section of the forum, where it is more appropriate. Commercial links are normally not allowed, but as your product is innovative and might be of interest to pet owners, it can stay in this part of the forum. However, I have changed your html links into plain text. Interested members will still be able to find your websites if they wish.
    We thank you for your help...

We believe that meal time should not be stressful as stress can lead to many illnesses. By redesigning the eating utensil to a cone shape, therefore keeping the food centered this reduces stress. Your pet doesn't have to struggle chasing food around in a bowl.

It is a totally new way of looking at feeding our pets and we need as much help spreading the word as we can get.

Blog Entries

This pet cone thing is good for keeping the food bowl still while they are eating. I have seen dogs who will put a foot in the bowl to hold it still.

And its centre of gravity is good? So it isn't easy to tip up? It looks to be made of glass.....is it 100% stable?

For my own dog, she had 'idiosyncracies' (let's call them that anyway).....she was the sort of dog who bolted her food. Sometimes to a frightening degree. I didn't just feed her dry food, but home cooked meat/fish/vegetables as well as kibble. I found the ONLY way to slow down her eating was to present her food in the largest mixing-bowl I possessed. That solved her inhaling her food, and stopped her risk of choking, simply because she had to find each mouthful of food in the huge dish, and it was harder work, so slowing her down.

Going off at a bit of a tangent....dogs who bolt their food are generally at greater risk of the stomach torsion or 'bloat' which is a dire emergency. Anything which can help to slow them down is a good idea, but there are also other guidelines.
    Last edited by Tobi; 10-11-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Hello and thank you for your wonderful questions...

The PetCone was designed with the pet in mind. If you notice every other bowl it has us humans in mind.... "How much food can we leave them without refilling, until they have to chase their food around at the completion of the meal in a stressful struggle to finish. The question became to me, how do I give them a spoon and a fork to eat with like we use to make our meals easier and less stressful?

The design of the PetCone is such that the base is .5-1" wider than the top cone opening thus preventing the tipping over of the cone. the thickness weighs down the cone.It is made of glass, what i noticed from my own pet in an over a year and a half study that he at first rushed the cone as he did his bowl but after a week or so he calmly walked to the PetCone and stood over his cone and calmly began eating his food as he does every time. i think that they figure out that the meal is not going anywhere once it stays centered and this calms them.

I hope this helps... please keep in touch and also ask as many questions as you need to. This product I feel is destine to change the way we feed our pets, remember stress causes illness and thus maybe even shortens life and if there is anything we can do to cause less stress to the pets we love then aren't we obligated to try all we can?