Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Do you massage your dog?

Massaging the dog is an integral step towards its grooming. Read this article which explains the importance of giving massage to your barking fellow. I have started giving my dog massage and it's kind of loving it. Regular massage increases Blood-Circulation. Share your experience and views regarding the subject. I hope you will find the article useful and informative.

Blog Entries

Re: Do you massage your dog?

Yes I often used to give my dog a full body massage. She very much enjoyed that. She had quite strong muscle structure in her legs, and was very athletic during the day so I thought she would appreciate that in the evenings, to stimulate circulation.
    One thing I used to do which she liked was a full 'spinal alignment/energy wash' thing. I would start at the top of her head and gently massage down both sides of her spine, then 'washing away' old energy by sweeping my hand along her tail at the end, then starting again. I usually did this about 3 or 4 times. She really did like that one.

What a lovely idea! I shall try that with Forgy.

Blog Entries

Yes Forgy might like that very much. It is especially useful when there has been anything happening which can be hard to 'shake off'....such as a vet visit or other disturbance of the peace!

Funny you mention that Tobi, I recently began doing the spinal massage and cleanse. Sometimes I do it together with the reiki. They do seem to like it up on the spine where they can't quite reach themselves. You just have to be careful not to be too forceful with it if you don't know what you're doing.

Bronco, my sisters dog really enjoys a good massage too, each time I am done he will lick my hand for a good few minutes as a thank you

I have never done the massage of my dog before. But now I am going to give a massage of cute little Lory. Let's see how see react after her massage!!!!!