Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What do you guys think of dog doors?

Hello!

I have recently just rescued a pit bull mix and I am thinking about getting them a dog door so they can go outside when I am not home. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Re: What do you guys think of dog doors?

My concern would be if the garden wasn't safe. Not only might they get out but there are plenty of people who steal dogs, although they may think twice about a pit bull mix!

Blog Entries

I'm inclined to agree with Lurcher about dog doors. Also, do people realise that some humans can easily get through dog doors? I could. And there are many others who could. Yes....they may think twice with a pit bull on the other side! haha But still....they are not fully secure for either dog or house.

My feelings? Cats might need 'em (cat doors, that is). Dogs....well I think it's best that humans go outside too and supervise dogs when they go out. My dog would have just stood there and turned round and stared at me with an 'old fashioned look', saying "You expect me to go through that? On my own without you? No chance."

Dog door!!! I think it's a good. But if they will not face any problem then it's ok to have the dog door. Why don't you use a crate with double door, it's very safe. I am also using it.
    Last edited by LPC; 11-14-2016 at 02:44 AM.