Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Blog Entries

Protect dogs against Lungworm

Lungworm in dogs is on the increase in the UK. It is a very dangerous parasite caught from slugs and snails which can cause a dog's death. A dog can accidentally eat a slug among grass, or on a dog toy left in the garden, or maybe drink one from an outside water source.
    Fortunately lungworm is preventable. If caught in good time, it is also treatable. But it can be hard to distinguish the symptoms from other illnesses (such as kennel cough etc.)
    This is a very informative video about it on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N3ky2JoPxU

Re: Protect dogs against Lungworm

Thank you posting this, Tobi. The link will be very useful. I had heard of the illness but did not know that it was spreading in the UK.

Blog Entries

Re: Protect dogs against Lungworm

Yes it used to be found mainly in the south of England, but cases are now turning up in other areas.
    Many people have not heard of it. I wasn't aware of it when Misty lived with me. She never showed any illness like this though. But quite a few cases have been reported (confirmed) in my local area.