Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

my 1.5 year old boston with all parvo shots exposed to a puppy with parvo, giardia

my 1.5 year old boston terrier(who has had all his shots, including parvo) was exposed to parvo(greatly) my roommate bought a puppy (10 weeks old) and it was diagnosed with parvo. My boston has been playing with him sharing food/water/toys/etc for two days, I think he even ate his poop once. I'm so scared for my boston. How at risk is he for parvo?! the puppy also had giardia. :( I feel so bad for the puppy but I fear worse for my boston!

Re: my 1.5 year old boston with all parvo shots exposed to a puppy with parvo, giardi

Your dog will probably be protected - if the vaccination was given at least two weeks before meeting with the infected puppy. You will find a very helpful page here:
    http://www.2ndchance.info/parvo.htm

I suggest that you read the page very carefully, plus the medical links provided. My very best wishes for a speedy recovery of the puppy and for the continued good health of your own dog!

Please remember to come back and let us all know how things turn out.

Blog Entries

Re: my 1.5 year old boston with all parvo shots exposed to a puppy with parvo, giardi

It won't do any harm to telephone your vet (at a time when he/she is free and not in surgery etc) And discuss your worries with the vet. I would do that as soon as possible. At the least, he may need screening for giardia.

I also hope the little puppy is doing okay and responding to treatment...
    Last edited by Tobi; 07-25-2016 at 05:49 PM.